Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Stuff

I know that it has bee a long time since my last post but I've been a bit pre-occupied with new baby and recovering mother. So, I hope you will forgive me and I promise to be more attentive to this blog.

WEll...baby's settled in to his new life in this world. Eating... sleeping...pooping...crying...(repeat ad infinitum) He is a beautiful little boy and his mother is more beautiful than ever. It never ceases to amaze me that a woman can be such an adept multi-tasker. Feed the baby... change the baby.....take the other kids to school...pick em up...take them to dance, t-ball, hip hop, parent teacher night etc etc all on about three hours of sleep a night. she is an amazing woman and such a wonderful mother. There are three very lucky little children in this house...and one VERY lucky man.

OK...So I'm back in the swing of things at the restaurant and am in the middle of developing a new menu to coincide with the grand re-opening of this phenominal eatery. The new items and new concept have me energized and totally pumped up with anticipation of the new Le Bistro! My entire staff is excited, as well, and are all putting everything they have into this endeavour.

The re-model is shaping up quicker than anticipated and is looking fantastic! This restaurant will be gorgeous! I will put this place up against ANY restaurant in the country both in look and design as well as in cuisine!

The new menu reflects just why I became a chef. Modern cuisine, delicious food, beautiful presentation and world class service! I believe that the food we are serving is the best in California and can't wait to introduce it to the community.

Some of the changes we are instituting are bold and new and will, I am sure, excite and entice our guests and broaden our cutomer base to be much more inclusive and approachable. Guests can choose whether they want to "graze" through the greatly expanded "appetizer and small plate" section or tackle the new and exciting and. may I say. utterly unique Entree selections.

So...spread the word...the New Le Bistro is only a few weeks away and we can't wait to have you here!

Until next time...Think "sustainability"

Chef Richard Hyman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your posts and wish you and the staff at Le Bistro much success! Congrats again to you and Heather for the birth of your son.
Jacqui